You may adjust the thickness of the sauce to make the shrimp and vegetable meal even lighter.
- 1/2 cup Stewed tomatoes - mashed, (no sugar added)
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes
- 2 Garlic cloves - minced
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 1 cup Zucchini - chopped
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 3 1/2 oz Frozen cooked shrimp - thawed
- 1/2 tsp Dried parsley - and/or italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 5 cups Baby spinach - torn preferably
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra virgin olive oil, plus cooking spray
- 1 Tangerine or clementine - for dessert
Total Fat 10g
- Measure and put your shrimp aside to thaw.
- In a cooking spray-coated skillet cook stewed tomatoes, halved cherry tomatoes, garlic, chopped onion and zucchini over low-medium heat.
- When zucchini is cooked, add the red pepper flakes and shrimp along with the herbs. If your sauce is a little thick, add some stock. Heat 5-10 minutes until the shrimp is heated through.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- While shrimp is cooking, in a separate pot or in microwave steam the baby spinach until wilted.
- Put on a plate and spoon finished tomato sauce over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil.