A long-time Zone favorite, the Chicken Kali will warm you up and excite your taste buds.
- 1 cup Green beans
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Vidalia onion - chopped
- 1 clove Garlic - to taste
- 1 tsp Ground ginger - or 1 tbsp fresh, minced
- 1 tsp Curry powder
- 1 tsp Dried mint
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 2 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Mandarin oranges, canned - in water, drained
- 1 tsp Slivered almonds
Total Fat 11g
- In a large pot fitted with a steaming basket, bring 1 inch of water to boil.
- Add green beans to the basket and steam until crisp-tender, 10 minutes. Remove from basket and drain.
- Time it so the beans are finished with the chicken.
- Stir fry chicken strips and onion in hot olive oil.
- Sprinkle with spices to taste (start out with about 1 tsp. each).
- Add chicken stock and soy sauce.
- When chicken is cooked through, add red pepper and mandarin oranges and stir fry until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add the almond slivers just before serving.
- Serve with steamed green beans.