The flavors you’d expect from a takeout meal are all here in a healthy Zone dish that’s easy to make at home.
- heaping 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsps Asian fish sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsps Fresh-squeezed lime juice – Before squeezing, finely grate some zest (1/2-1 tsp) and cut a wedge for serving
- 2 tsps Water
- 1/2 tsp A Taste of Thai Red Curry Paste
- 1 1/4 cups Green cabbage - cored and finely shredded, packed
- 2 tbsps Red onion - chopped
- 2 tbsps Red bell pepper - cut in thin strips
- 1/4 cup Green bell pepper - cut in thin strips
- 1/4 cup Cucumber - cut in thin strips
- 1 tbsp Unsalted dry roasted peanuts – coarsely chopped (or substitute with sesame seeds)
- 3 tbsps Fresh cilantro
- Prepare Zone orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking, drain again. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk the olive oil with the fish sauce, lime zest, lime juice, water, and red curry paste.
- Add the cabbage, onion, peppers and cucumber. Toss until evenly coated. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, until the cabbage is very slightly wilted.
- Add the orzo and toss the salad. Top with the peanuts and cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.
Note: The Asian dressing can be refrigerated overnight.