The flavors you’d expect from a takeout meal are all here in a healthy Zone dish that’s easy to make at home.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Asian Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Fresh-Squeezed Lime Juice
- 2 tsp Water
- 1/2 tsp A Taste of Thai® Red Curry Paste
- 1 1/4 cups Green Cabbage (cored and finely shredded, packed)
- 2 Tbsp Red Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tbsp Red Bell Pepper (cut in thin strips)
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper (cut in thin strips)
- 1/4 cup Cucumber (cut in thin strips)
- 1 Tbsp Unsalted Dry Roasted Peanuts (coarsely chopped or substitute with sesame seeds)
- 3 Tbsp Cilantro
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions.
- Drain and rinse in cold water to stop cooking, drain again. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate bowl, large enough to hold all ingredients, whisk the olive oil with the fish sauce, lime zest, lime juice, water, and red curry paste.
- Add the cabbage, onion, peppers and cucumber. Toss until evenly coated. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes, until the cabbage is very slightly wilted.
- Add the orzo and toss the salad. Top with the peanuts and cilantro and serve with a lime wedge.
Note: The Asian dressing can be refrigerated overnight.