This beef stock based sauce is loaded with mushrooms and seasoned with red wine, chili powder, and garlic.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 6 cups Mushrooms - sliced (about 1 lb)
- 10 tsps Cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- 2 cloves Garlic - pressed
- 1 tbsp Dried parsley flakes
- 3 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted beef stock
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp Red wine
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Total Fat 2g
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan to form a sauce. (Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve it before adding to saucepan.)
- Heat sauce to a light simmer, constantly stirring until mixture thickens.
- Transfer sauce mixture to a storage container, let cool and refrigerate.
- Each 1 cup of Zoned Mushroom Sauce contains a small amount protein and no fat. It contains 9 grams of carbohydrates. This recipe is used as a component of other Zone recipes.
- This sauce may be refrigerated for up to 5 days, or if you prefer the sauce may be frozen and defrosted for later use. Although the sauce is freeze-thaw stable, after sauce has been frozen and defrosted it may need to be stirred to reincorporate the small amount of moisture that forms on the sauce during the freezing and thawing process.