A true classic of Italian cuisine, this red sauce is perfect for meatballs, Zone pizza and pasta, and more.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 1 1/2 Cups Tomato puree
- 4 tsps Cornstarch
- 1 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tbsp Red wine
- 1 tsp Dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1/8 tsp Ground dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsps Garlic - minced
Total Fat 1g
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan to form a sauce. (Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve it before adding to saucepan.)
- Heat sauce to a simmer, constantly stirring until the mixture thickens.
- Transfer sauce mixture to a storage container, let cool, and refrigerate.
- This sauce may be refrigerated for up to five days, or if you prefer, the sauce may be frozen and defrosted for later use. Although the sauce is freeze-thaw stable, after the sauce has been frozen and defrosted, it may need to be stirred to reincorporate the small amount of moisture that forms on the sauce during the freezing and thawing process.
- Each 1/2 cup of Zoned Herb Dressing contains 1 Carbohydrate Zone Block. There are no Protein or Fat Blocks in this sauce recipe. This recipe is used as a component in other Zone Recipes.