Appetizing dressing that will make any plain salad taste divine.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 3/4 cup Onion - finely minced
- 1/4 Cup Tomato puree
- 8 tsps Corn starch
- 1/4 cup Kidney beans - light red, BUSH'S - rinsed and minced
- 1 3/4 cups Water
- 1/4 cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dried tarragon
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 tsp Dried parsley flakes
- 1 tbsp Garlic - minced
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
- 2 tsps Paprika
- 1 tsp Dried Dill
Total Fat 2g
- Combine all ingredients in a small saucepan to form a thickened dressing. (Mix cornstarch with a little cold water to dissolve it before adding to saucepan.)
- Heat dressing to a simmer, constantly stirring until mixture thickens.
- Let dressing cool for about 10 to 15 minutes, then place dressing in a food processor and blend for 2 to 3 minutes until a smooth consistency forms.
- Transfer dressing mixture to a storage container, let cool, and refrigerate.
- Each 1/2 cup of Zoned French Dressing contains 1 Carbohydrate Zone Block. There are no Protein or Fat Blocks in this sauce recipe. This recipe is used as a component in other Zone Recipes.
- This dressing may be refrigerated for up to 5 days, or if you prefer, the dressing may be frozen and defrosted for later use. Although the dressing is freeze-thaw stable, after dressing has been frozen and defrosted, it may need to be stirred to reincorporate the small amount of moisture that forms on the dressing during the freezing and thawing process.