This recipe is from the Kosher Kettle cookbook, originally adapted from a stuffed cabbage recipe by a Lithuanian grandmother.
- 8 cups Cabbage - about 1 medium head, cut into chunks
- 1 (16-oz) can Diced tomatoes
- 1 (8-oz) can Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 tbsps Vinegar
- 2 tbsps Lemon juice
- 11 oz Lean ground beef
- 1 cup Finely chopped onion
- 1 tbsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 cup Peaches - mash a few for juice (I use frozen)
- 1 cup Blueberries - mash a few for juice
Total Fat 11g
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Place cabbage in a large roasting pan.
- In a saucepan combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, vinegar, and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until blended.
- Combine meat, onion, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl and form into 8 meatballs. Place on top of the cabbage.
- Pour the sauce over all. Cover and bake for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, mash a few peach sections and mix with blueberries for dessert.
- Separate into 3 bowls.