Works with several different types of protein with the turkey and numerous kinds of beans.
- 10 oz Cooked turkey breast - cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup Kidney beans - reduced sodium, Bush's drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Garbanzo beans - reduced sodium Bush's drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup Navy beans Bush's - drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Celery - thinly sliced celery with tops
- 1/2 cup Finely minced red onion
- 4 1/2 oz Roasted sweet peppers - bottled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Fresh parsley - finely minced
- 1 (14 oz can) Artichoke hearts - bottled or canned, drained, quartered
- 6 tbsps Tomato sauce
- 2 tbsps Balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tsps Dried basil - crumbled or 1/4 cup minced fresh, stems removed
- 2 tsps Dijon mustard
- 10 cups Romaine, red leaf - green leaf or Italian Salad Mix, washed and spun dry
- 1 1/3 cup Blueberries
Total Fat 11g
- Combine bean salad ingredients in medium size mixing bowl.
- Combine and whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Pour over bean mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, Divide salad greens between 4 large dinner plates or quart bowls with snap on lids.
- Top with bean salad and serve.
- Have blueberries on the side, or mix into the salad.
- Replace turkey with chicken breast, peeled and cooked shrimp, tuna, salmon, or lean pork loin.