These healthy Zone cakes are better than pancakes.
- 1/3 cup Steel-cut oatmeal
- 3/4 cup Low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tbsps Tahini
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 1 cup Blueberries - fresh or frozen, mashed
In a food processor or blender grind the steel-cut oats to a flour consistency. Add cottage cheese, baking powder, Egg Beaters, olive oil, water, vanilla and tahini until smooth. Batter will be thin at first but will thicken if left to stand. Cook on a 350-degree griddle or very hot pan (both will need a light coating of oil spray) on stove top. Top with mashed blueberries.