Perfectly balanced in protein and complex carbs, this breakfast on-the-go is made with egg whites, broccoli, and mozzarella cheese and cottage cheese.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo (after cooking, chopped)
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 1/2 cups Brocolli (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups Egg Beaters (whites)
- 1/2 cup Cottage Cheese (low fat)
- 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese (shredded, part skim milk)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions, adding chopped onion and broccoli in the last 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease muffin tin with olive oil and preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together Egg Beaters-whites, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, spices and remaining olive oil.
- Add cooked orzo, broccoli and onions and combine.
- Fill each muffin space 3/4 full with egg mixture and top with a sprinkle of the remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool.