Fresh cold salad with great unique ingredients like Canadian bacon, broccoli, apple, and walnuts.
- 1/2 cup Low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Stevia - if desired
- 1 tbsp Chopped walnuts
- 3 oz Lean Canadian bacon
- 2 oz Low-fat cheddar cheese - 1/2 cup, shredded
- 5 cups Fresh broccoli - chopped
- 3 stalks Celery - chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion - chopped
- 1 Apple- cored and chopped
Total Fat 8g
- In a food processor blend the cottage cheese until smooth.
- Add the vinegar and stevia for the dressing.
- Toast the walnuts at 350°F until lightly browned, about 6-9 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the Canadian bacon in a skillet or microwave until browned and slightly crisp.
- Chop the bacon and shred the cheese.
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a bowl and add the dressing, stirring gently to combine.
- Separate into 2 bowls and chill in the refrigerator for several hours before serving.