Classic Miso soup is brought into the Zone with a side of fruit salad. Has chicken in the recipe, but can be removed if vegetarian soup is desired.
- Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- 1 tbsp Lime juice - fresh squeezed
- 1 cup Raspberries
- 1 cup Mandarin oranges canned - in water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz Ground chicken breast
- 6 oz Firm tofu - cubed into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups Scallions - sliced thin
- 2 cups Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 2 tbsps Miso
- 1/8 tsp White pepper - to taste
- 1 1/2 tsps Toasted sesame oil
- Make the fruit salad first so that the flavors have time to meld. In a bowl large enough to hold the fruit, whisk together lime juice and vanilla.
- Gently stir in the fruit to cover well with the liquid a few times while cooking soup.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil to medium/high.
- Cook the ground chicken breast.
- Cut the tofu into cubes.
- Slice the scallions diagonally.
- In a saucepan, heat vegetable stock for 3-4 minutes, gently dissolve the miso in the soup and add some pepper.
- Add the tofu and chicken.
- Heat gently, taking care that the stock doesn’t come to a boil.
- Stir in scallions and sesame oil just before serving.
- Enjoy fruit salad for dessert.