Turkey, beans, avocado, and onion all wrapped up in a fresh lettuce wrap makes for a great lunch or dinner.
- 3 oz Ground turkey breast
- 1/4 cup Onion - minced
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/8 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cumin - (can put a little more for flavor if you wish)
- 2 tsps Teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup Tomato diced - drained
- 1/4 cup Black beans, canned - rinsed/drained
- 8 Butternut lettuce leaves - large
- 2 tbsps Avocado
- 1 cup Strawberries - dessert
Total Fat 11g
- You can boil your own beans or get them from a can.
- Place your lettuce leaves in a bowl of cold water and leave them there until you are ready to serve dinner.
- Mix ground turkey, onions, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and teriyaki sauce in a bowl.
- Spray a saucepan with olive oil cooking spray and sauté turkey mixture.
- Add tomatoes and beans to the mixture, keeping it on a low heat until entire mixture is warm.
- Separate the mixture into 4 portions in the pan and place portions in the middle of each doubled lettuce leaf, which has been patted dry. Do not do this to all leaves at once because they will become warm and soggy.
- Pull the leaves out of the cold water as you need them.
- Top each double leaf with some avocado and fold the lettuce leaf over to wrap the turkey mixture inside.
- Serve the strawberries as dessert.