Leave the pasta behind in this veggie style lasagna; you won’t miss it with all the incredible flavors and ingredients.
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Basil
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive oil - divided
- 2/3 cup Egg Beaters-whites
- 1/4 cup Tofu firm - cut small or crumbles
- 2 tbsps Low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 cup Asparagus - chopped in to 1/4
- 1/3 cup Roasted red pepper - chopped
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms - chopped
- 1 cup Zucchini - sliced thin & chopped
- 1 cup Spinach
- 2 tsps l Low-fat part-skim shredded mozzarella
- 1 Plum
Total Fat 11g
- Add tomatoes and Italian spices, such as oregano and basil to a good-size bowl and stir. Set 3 or 4 tablespoons aside (to finish layering).
- Heat a large frying pan to medium-high and spray with cooking spray.
- Mix 1 tsp oil with egg whites and pour into warm skillet. Quickly rotate pan until there is a very thin layer. This will be used where the traditional pasta noodles are.
- Cut to fit your casserole dish. In the bowl with the tomatoes (excluding 3-4 tbsp) stir in tofu, ricotta, asparagus, peppers, mushrooms and zucchini.
- Start the layer with ZONoodlEs, then the goodies in the bowl, then layer some spinach. Repeat until everything is used up.
- Make top layer the tomatoes you previously set aside, sprinkle cheese on top and bake at 350ºF until warmed and veggies are soft, 30-40 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes and drizzle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil.