Features feta and cottage cheeses in this personalized vegetarian casserole with eggplant and tomatoes.
- 1 1/2 cups Eggplant - 1/4-inch slices from top to bottom
- Cooking spray - olive oil
- 1/2 cup Low-fat feta – crumbled
- 1/4 cup Low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 cloves Garlic - pressed
- 1/2 cup Fresh basil – chopped or 1 tablespoon dry
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Tomatoes - 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup Grapes
Total Fat 11g
- Lightly salt the sliced eggplant on both sides. Let sit for 20 minutes. Pat dry.
- Lightly spray both sides of eggplant with olive oil.
- On a non-stick grill pan grill eggplant until soft. Set aside on plate.
- In a medium bowl mix together the feta, cottage cheese, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.
- In a small casserole dish layer eggplant, tomatoes and cheese mix.
- Repeat for a second layer.
- Place in pre-heated oven at 350°F for 15 minutes or microwave for a couple of minutes.
- Accompany casserole with grapes for dessert.