Grilled Halibut pairs perfectly with the tomato tarragon sauce. Great for summer, quick week-night dinner or a dinner party for friends.
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 oz Halibut fillet - (about 1 inch thick)
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 tbsps Shallots - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Plum tomatoes - chopped
- 3 tbsps Dry white wine
- 1 tbsp Fresh tarragon - chopped
- 4 cups Spinach - sauté
- 2 1/2 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 1 ½ lbs Summer squash - ends cut off, cut length wise for the grill
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat).
- Brush fish on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle fish with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet, add shallots to 1/2 tablespoon of broth. Cook over high heat 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes to skillet and cook until juices evaporate, stirring occasionally, about 2 minutes.
- Add wine and tarragon and boil until compote is thick, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Cover with foil and keep warm.
- In another skillet wilt the spinach in 2 tablespoons of the broth.
- When wilted, add the garlic and cover to keep warm.
- Grill fish until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side.
- Put the summer squash on the grill at the same time as the fish.
- Transfer to plates. Spoon the compote alongside fish.