Typically made with rice paper wrappers, we substituted lettuce leaves for a Zone balance.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 2 tbsps Hoisin sauce
- 1 tsp Toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Fresh squeezed lime juice
- 12 Lettuce leaves - 2 leaves each
- 14 large cooked shrimp - (about 1/2 oz each) Chop each in 2 or 3 pieces
- 12 Cucumber slices - cut in matchsticks
- 3/4 cup Carrot - shredded
- 1/2 cup Minced scallion - sliced (we used the green part)
- 1 tbsp Fresh mint leaves - chopped, dried if you don't have fresh
Total Fat 3g
- In a large bowl whisk the hoisin sauce, toasted sesame oil, and lime juice together. (If using dried mint, add to sauce mix.)
- Lie double lettuce leaves flat on your work surface to make 6 rolls.
- Add the chopped shrimp, cucumber, carrot, scallion, and mint to the sauce bowl.
- Divide evenly among 6 lettuce rolls.
- Roll to seal in the filling.
- Serve immediately (or wrap tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour).