Unlike traditional frittatas, this one is lower in fat and calories, and you can cook it completely on top of the stove.
- 2 1/4 cups Egg Beaters-whites
- 4 Plum Tomatoes - (Roma) tomatoes or 2 large tomato, cored, chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion - finely minced
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Ground Chipotle Powder - (smoked dried jalapeno) or black pepper
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin or Dry Mustard
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Low-Fat Part-Skim Shredded Mozzarella (Sargento)
- 2 Tangerines - peeled and sectioned
- 1 cup Red Grapes
- 3 cups Strawberries - fresh or thawed
- 1 cup Blueberries - fresh or thawed
- 9 Macadamia Nuts - chopped
Total Fat 11g
- Pour Egg Beaters into bowl. Whisk until frothy.
- Add remaining ingredients (except oil, cheese and Fruit Salad).
- Heat oil in heavy 12-inch skillet over medium heat until hot but not smoking.
- Tilt skillet to coat evenly with oil.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet, cover, and reduce heat to medium low. Cook for 12 to 14 minutes until slightly puffy and firm on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese and remove from heat.
- Leave eggs covered for 5 minutes so steam condenses in the pan for ease of removal.
- Slice fruit for salad and toss together.
- Divide into 4 portions and garnish with nuts.
- Cut frittata into 8 wedges (2 per serving) and serve.
- Unlike traditional frittatas, this one is lower in fat and calories, and you can cook it completely on top of the stove.