Unlike most casseroles, this recipe only uses only a small amount of breadcrumbs to stay in the Zone and it still tastes incredible.
- 3 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - divided
- 2 cups Chopped onion
- 3 cups Diced eggplant
- 1 Tomato - chopped
- 5 oz Skinless chicken breast - cut in half
- 3/4 cup Tomato sauce - (canned, no salt or sugar)
- 1/3 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded, part skim milk
- 1 tbsp Bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Cornmeal
- 1/3 cup Grapes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of the olive oil in a large skillet and sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add the eggplant and sauté until soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato and chicken and sauté another 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the tomato sauce into the bottom of a casserole large enough to hold all.
- Put the eggplant mixture with the chicken on top of the sauce, sprinkle the breadcrumbs and cornmeal on top of the eggplant mixture, sprinkle the cheese on top of the breadcrumbs and drizzle the remaining teaspoon of olive oil. Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Broil for 5 minutes until the top gets brown and bubbly.