Ginger makes chicken taste awesome, especially when its accompanied with water chestnuts, mandarin oranges, and broccoli.
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 oz Skinless chicken breast - cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Water chestnuts - sliced
- 1/4 cup Mandarin oranges canned
- 1 1/2 cups Broccoli
- 1/4 cup Plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup Strawberries - sliced
Total Fat 13g
- Heat olive oil in a skillet. Add bite-sized chicken pieces into hot olive oil and brown with ginger, garlic, salt and pepper. Stir often.
- Add water chestnuts and mandarin oranges after 2-3 minutes. Adjust spices to taste.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare broccoli according to package directions (microwave is easiest).
- Sprinkle some additional ginger on the cooked broccoli.
- Cook chicken mix until chicken is cooked through, and water chestnuts have softened slightly (about 5 more minutes).
- Create broccoli bed on serving plate, pour chicken mixture on top and serve immediately.
- You may also add broccoli to chicken mix for more of a stir-fry.
- Have sliced strawberries with yogurt for dessert.