A new spin on the classic chicken and green beans, plus salad is so good it doesn’t need dressing.
- 2 Tomatoes - quartered
- 1 cup Red onions - rough chop
- 1/4 cup Fresh basil
- 3 cups Green beans
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onion - sliced into rings
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms - sliced
- 1 can Campbell's Beef Consomme'
- 2 tsps Cornstarch
- 3/4 cup Cooked chicken breast - sliced
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 10 Olives black and green - black and/or green, sliced
Make the fresh tomato salad the day before:
- In a low storage bowl, quarter tomatoes, catching the juice.
- Rough chop the red onion along with fresh-chopped basil.
- Add onions and basil to juice and tomatoes.
- Toss and refrigerate for 24 hours, shaking occasionally.
And now for the meal…
- Steam green beans until 1/2 cooked (about 10 minutes).
- Heat oil in another pan, add onion rings, sauté until they begin to soften, remove and add to the green beans.
- In the same pan, saute mushrooms in 1/4 cup undiluted consomme for 2 minutes then toss with green beans, and re-steam mixture for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining consomme to onion/mushroom pan, thicken with cornstarch, add chicken breast and simmer on low until beans are done.
- Plate green beans, top with chicken, drizzle thickened consomme over all, and sprinkle with cheese and olives.