Frozen vegetables are a time saver to make it even easier to make the Egg Foo Yong.
- 5 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Garlic - chopped or jarred, rinsed
- 2 tbsps Chopped onions
- 3 tbsps Scallions - sliced, mostly white part
- 16 oz Birds Eye frozen broccoli stir fry - thawed
- 1/2 cup Navy beans canned - rinsed/drained
- 1/4 cup Low sodium soy sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups Bean sprouts - canned
- 2 cups Egg Beaters-whites
- 2 cups Zoned Mushroom Sauce, made ahead of time (or Healthy Choice Cream)
- 1 tbsp Toasted sesame seeds
- Scallion - sliced, use green part for garnish
Total Fat 10g
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil and sauté garlic and scallions (white part) until translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add Oriental vegetables, 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and a pinch of salt and pepper and cook on high for about 2 minutes or until vegetables have softened.
- Add the navy beans and bean sprouts, lower heat to medium and pour the egg beaters on top of vegetables.
- Let the eggs cook, not stirring, until they have set like an omelet, about 10 minutes. Placing a cover over the pan helps the top to set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the mushroom soup and the remaining 3 tablespoons of the soy sauce and heat until warmed.
- Cut the Egg Foo Yong in thirds, using a spatula. Place each portion on a dinner plate.
- Top with the Zoned Mushroom Sauce, garnish with sesame seeds and scallions (green part) and serve.