Slow-cooker recipe that is worth the wait for this incredible chili.
- 1 1/2 cups Onion - diced fresh or thawed frozen onion
- 3/4 cup Kidney beans - reduced sodium, Bush's
- 3/4 cup Black beans - reduced sodium, Bush's
- 8 oz Lean ground chicken breast
- 2 cups Bell pepper - diced fresh or thawed frozen, cut into strips
- 3 Garlic cloves - minced
- 1 tbsp Chili powder
- 1/2 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp Ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp Ground coriander
- 1/2 tbsp Red wine vinegar
- 2 cups Plum tomatoes - diced no-salt
- 1/4 cup Fresh cilantro - (garnish)
- 5 cups Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup Radish - thinly sliced
- 2 cups Celery - thinly sliced
- 2 oz Low-fat pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup Guacamole
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/4 cup Raspberries
- 1 cup Strawberries - sliced
Total Fat 9g
- Layer the chili ingredients in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours.
- Make the salad while chili is cooking.
- Divide veggies between 4 large dinner plates.
- Top with grated cheese, then guacamole or avocado mashed with lime and hot sauce.
- Divide chili among 4 large soup bowls, garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.
- Have a cup of berries for dessert.