Spaghetti squash is a good base for many meal, especially in this one with the chicken and zucchini.
- 3 cups Spaghetti squash
- 1 1/2 cups Onion - chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Zucchini - chopped
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomato - with juice
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Basil
- 1 tbsp Parsley
- 1 clove Garlic
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 5 oz Skinless chicken breast - cut into bite sized pieces after cooked
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded, part skim milk
Total Fat 12g
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut a whole spaghetti squash in half and place cut sides down on a baking sheet to cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Sauté onions, zucchini, and spices in 1 1/2 teaspoons of olive oil and chicken stock in a sauce pan on medium until al dente.
- Add tomatoes and cook until warmed through.
- Stir in the garlic.
- Remove the spaghetti squash when done.
- Let cool slightly, scoop out the seeds and shred into two bowls large enough to hold everything.
- Meanwhile lightly coat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Sauté in 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil and cook until done.
- To serve, place even amounts of zucchini/tomato mixture on top of squash
- Sprinkle the cheese and top with chicken breast.