Southeast Asian dish is now close to home, with the great flavors in the peanut sauce that accompany the vegetables and chicken satay quite nicely.
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts - cut into 24 cubes
- 3 tbsps Low sodium soy sauce - divided
- 1 1/2 cups Chili sauce
- 2 tsps Red pepper flakes - crushed, to taste
- 1/3 cup Peanut butter
- 2 tsps Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Finely chopped fresh parsley - to taste
- 2 Bell peppers - (or a combination) cut into cubes
- 2 Onions - quartered
- 9 cups Frozen broccoli - prepared per package directions
- 6 Tomatoes - halved
- 3 cups Strawberries - sliced
- Marinate chicken in 2 tablespoons of soy sauce for at least 15 minutes.
- Whisk remaining tablespoon of soy sauce with chili sauce, red pepper flakes, peanut butter, sesame oil and parsley until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Thread chicken, bell peppers and onions onto skewers.
- Place skewers on a lightly greased, rimmed baking sheet. Broil on top rack with the tomatoes for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- Serve satays on a platter over broccoli with tomatoes around the edge and the reserved sauce for dipping on the side.
- Have a bowl of strawberries.