The Zoned Barbecue Sauce serves as the healthy, savory dressing in this Zone chicken salad recipe.
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 oz Boneless chicken breast - (or tenderloins)
- 1 Green bell peppers - cut in strips
- 1 Red bell peppers - cut in strips
- 1/2 cup Diced onions
- 1/8 tsp Cider vinegar
- 1/8 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Zoned Barbecue Sauce
- 3 cups Lettuce - (or bagged salad greens)
- 1 cup Shredded cabbage - (or cole slaw mix)
- Salt and pepper - to taste
Total Fat 12g
- In a sauté pan, add oil, chicken breast, pepper, onion, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic.
- Cook until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Add Zoned Barbecue Sauce.
- Cover and simmer for five minutes until mixture is hot, stirring occasionally to blend flavors.
- Mix together lettuce and shredded cabbage and place salad-cabbage mixture on a large oval plate.
- Spoon the chicken and vegetable mixture into the center of the plate on top of salad-cabbage mixture.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.