Zone version of the classic Chicken Marsala recipe with the tasty cauliflower-mash (faux mashed potatoes).
- 1 Cauliflower-mash (Faux Mashed Potatoes)
- 2 cups Green beans (boiled or steamed to your liking)
- 1/4 cup Steel-cut oats (ground to flour in blender or food processor)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried oregano
- 14 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast halves (pounded 1/4 inch thick)
- 2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted chicken stock
- 1 cup Sliced mushrooms
- 2/3 cup Marsala wine
- 2 1/2 cups Blueberries
Total Fat 12g
- Prepare the Cauliflower-mash ahead of time to serve with meal.
- In a shallow dish mix together the oat flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Coat chicken pieces in mixture.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and chicken stock (as needed) over medium heat.
- Place chicken in the pan and lightly brown.
- Turn over chicken pieces and add mushrooms.
- Pour in wine and remaining chicken stock. Cover skillet; simmer chicken 10 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink and juices run clear.
- Enjoy some blueberries for dessert.