This recipe is a spin-off from my grandmother’s “caponata” recipe; it includes chicken, eggplant, and oinions.
- 1 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 lb Ripe eggplant - small (half-inch slices)
- 3/4 cup Celery - sliced
- 3/4 cup Onion - (cut into rings)
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Classico tomato & basil red sauce
- 2 tbsps Red wine vinegar
- 3 oz Bonless skinless chicken breast - tenders, sliced crosswise
Total Fat 11g
- Place all ingredients in a roasting pan except for tomato sauce and vinegar.
- Roast for 30 minutes in a 400°F oven, stirring once after 15-20 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and add tomato sauce and vinegar.
- Refrigerate and serve cool.