A delicious and healthier Zone translation of this typical Italian meal with chicken, broccoli, and a tomato and basil red sauce.
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive oil
- 3 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/2 cup Chopped onion
- 3/4 cup Chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup Chopped celery
- 3/4 cup Classico tomato and basil red sauce
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 cups Broccoli - fresh or frozen
Total Fat 11g
- In a large, high-sided skillet, heat olive oil, tilting pan to coat. Brown the chicken over medium heat.
- Add onion, pepper and celery. Stir fry until vegetables are tender (Add a little water if needed).
- Add tomato sauce and water. Heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Place broccoli on top of the mixture. Cover and cook on low, simmering for about 15 minutes until broccoli is steam- cooked.
- Stir broccoli into mixture and serve. If too thick, add more water.