A slow-cooker chicken in a sun-dried tomato sauce, with vegetables, and a dessert of a sweet fruit medley.
- 12 oz Skinless chicken breast
- 10 Sun-dried tomatos - halves, quartered
- 1 cup Onion - cut in thin half-moons
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms - thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Dry white wine
- 3 Garlic cloves - coarsely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Provence - or Italian herb blend
- 1 tbsp Arrowroot - or cornstarch dissolved
- 3 tbsps Apple cider
- 2 tbsps Pine nuts
- 1/3 cup Frozen pitted sweet cherries - thawed
- 4 Peaches - halved, pitted, sliced or 3 cups frozen sliced, unsweetened peaches, thawed
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 16 oz Birds Eye frozen Steamfresh broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts – plus 1/2 cup wa
- 2 tbsps Red wine vinegar - or apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsps Dry mustard - plus 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Water
Total Fat 11g
- Layer the chicken, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, wine, spices, and herbs in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Dissolve arrowroot in cold juice, add to slow cooker, and cover and cook on HIGH for 15 to 20 minutes until sauce has thickened.
- Combine fruit, cinnamon, and vanilla. Toss; then divide among 4 serving bowls and set aside.
- Cook frozen vegetables as package directs. Drain and transfer to four small salad plates.
- Whisk vinegar, mustard, extra-virgin olive oil and water. Drizzle over vegetables.
- Transfer hot chicken and sauce to four shallow serving bowls.
- Garnish with pine nuts and serve immediately with vegetables.