Simple one-pot chicken and vegetable meal with a fruit dessert.
- 1 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsps Fresh-squeezed lime juice (or lemon)
- 2 tbsps Agave nectar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Ground ginger
- 2 cups Frozen peach slices ((unsweetened) thawed)
- 2 1/2 cups Mixed berries (fresh or frozen (unsweetened) thawed)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 14 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 1/3 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock (divided)
- 2 cups Green beans
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced
- 3/4 cup Onions, sliced
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1 (6 oz) can Mushrooms
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsps Low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tsps extra virgin olive oil
Total Fat 11g
- In a bowl large enough to hold all the fruit, whisk vinegar, lime juice, agave nectar, vanilla and ginger.
- Add a few berries and mash.
- Add peaches and remaining berries.
- Toss a few times and set aside for dessert.
- Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and then chicken. Stir fry 5 to 6 minutes, remove and set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons stock, green beans, onions and pepper to skillet; stir until crisp tender, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken, mushrooms, black pepper, soy sauce and remaining stock. Toss until coated.
- Serve and top each serving with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.
- Toss the fruit before serving to mix the juice from the berries with the sauce and serve.