Surprise your loved one by making this appetizing chicken and mushroom dinner, with faux mashed potatoes that pack all the flavor and taste of real potatoes, but without the guilt of eating bad.
- 1 Cauliflower-mash (Faux Mashed Potatoes) - (see recipe in sides and snacks)
- 6 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup Onions - chopped
- 8 oz Fresh mushrooms - sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 cup Water
- 10 oz Fresh spinach
- 1 tbsp Vinegar - drizzle
- 2 Peaches
- Prepare the Faux Mashed Potatoes (i.e., cauliflower mash) and cook while preparing the chicken.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken on all sides with salt and ground black pepper.
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a cooking oil-sprayed, ovenproof skillet. Add chicken and cook about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; stir onions and mushrooms with a pinch of salt into skillet. Increase heat to high; cook, stirring mushrooms occasionally, until mushrooms shrink slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer skillet to the preheated oven and cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Steam the spinach while the chicken is finishing.
- Transfer chicken breasts to a plate and loosely tent with foil; set aside.
- Set skillet on the stove top over medium-high heat; cook and stir onions and mushrooms until brown bits start to form on the bottom of the pan, about 5 minutes.
- Pour water into the skillet and bring to a boil while scraping the browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Cook until water is reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in any accumulated juices from the chicken into the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon onion and mushroom sauce over chicken, which has been placed on the Faux Mashed Potatoes and serve the spinach drizzled with vinegar.
- Have peaches for dessert.