A simple one-pot meal with chicken, green beans, sauté onion, tomatoes, and Italian seasoning.
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup Onions - chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp Bay leaf - (1 small leaf)
- Italian seasoning - to taste
- Salt and pepper - (to taste)
- 3/4 cup Green beans - cut in 1-inch pieces
- 3 oz Skinless chicken breast - baked
Total Fat 12g
- Cook the green beans to your liking — boil or steam.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-size saucepan.
- Add onion and sauté until tender.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and chicken.
- Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain excess liquid from beans, add to the tomatoes and onion mixture and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.