Great side for a dinner, better than potatoes au gratin.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- Cooking spray, olive oil Pam
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 lbs Zucchini, cubed
- 1/2 tsp Lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp Red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsps Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock, or as needed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper - to taste
- 2 oz Fat-free cream cheese
- 2 tsps Dried oregano - or 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped
Total Fat 3g
- Spray a skillet with cooking oil. Heat olive oil in skillet over high heat; stir in zucchini, lemon zest, and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for about 2 minutes add stock as needed.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper; cook and stir until zucchini is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir cream cheese into zucchini mixture; cook until cream cheese begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in oregano.