This omelet is prepared in only 15 minutes. For more convenience, buy packages of frozen chopped onions and peppers.
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Onions - diced
- 1/4 cup Green bell peppers - diced
- 1/4 cup Garbanzo beans canned - rinsed/drained, slightly mashed
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters - whites
- 1/2 cup Salsa
- Oregano- To taste
- Basil - To taste
- Salt and pepper- To taste
- 1 oz slice Low-fat Provolone cheese, reduced fat
- 1/3 cup Mandarin orange slices - in water
Total Fat 10g
- Heat olive oil in pan.
- Add onions and peppers and cook until softened.
- Add garbanzo beans and cook until heated through.
- Beat Egg Beaters until slightly foamy with spices and pour over vegetables, covering bottom of pan.
- Add provolone, cover, and cook on low medium until egg whites are done and cheese is melted.
- Fold onto a plate and top with salsa.
- Enjoy with mandarin orange slices.