This is one delicious broccoli pasta meal that is quick to prepare and, most likely, all the ingredients are already in your refrigerator or pantry.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 cup Broccoli Florets (frozen, thawed and drained, or fresh)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup Tomato Sauce
- Italian Seasoning (to taste)
- Garlic Powder (to taste)
- 3 Tbsp Water (reserved from pasta, to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Red Pepper Flakes (crushed, to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Total Fat 12g
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Fusilli as directed add broccoli last 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the water.
- Heat oil in a skillet to medium-high. Add garlic and fusilli/broccoli and stir constantly for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and as much reserved water as desired and bring to a boil; cover.
- Reduce heat to low; cook 5 minutes or until fusilli/broccoli is tender.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper and serve.