This breakfast takes a little more time, but when it’s done, it’s company ready. The tart will impress your friends, and with the fruit salad, keep them in the Zone.
- 1 (14.5-oz) can Diced Tomatoes - drained
- 1/2 cups Onion - finely chopped
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded, part skim milk (4 oz)
- 18 Olives - rinsed, drained, and chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Egg Beaters-whites
- 1 1/2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried dill
- 1 tsp Dried basil
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/3 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice - about 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp Ginger root or a pinch of dried ginger
- 1 Pear - cut into 1/2
- 2 Kiwis -cut into 1/2
- 1 cup Frozen Cherries
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray the bottom of a non-stick oven-proof sauté pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add half the diced tomatoes, half the onions, all the mozzarella, and the olives.
- Put the remaining tomatoes, onion, eggs, olive oil, spices, salt and pepper in a blender and mix until smooth and even.
- Pour into the pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes, until mixture is puffed up and golden brown.
- Mix the ginger into the lemon juice in a bowl large enough to hold the fruit salad.
- Cut fruit into small pieces into the bowl, and toss to cover with the lemon juice mixture.