Ground cardamom adds a special taste to this enticing scallop recipe, along with several different components including celery, apple, ginger, walnuts, and more.
- 3/4 cup Celery - finely diced
- 1/3 cup Carrot - small, grated
- 1/2 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted vegetable stock - divided
- 1 cup Green beans
- 1/2 tsp Ginger root - grated
- 3/4 Green apple - cored but not peeled, finely diced
- 1 tsp Ground cardamom
- 4 oz Sea scallops
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Walnuts - crushed
- Braise celery and carrot in 3 tablespoons vegetable stock until almost cooked.
- Add remaining broth, green beans, ginger, apple, and cardamom.
- Stir well to combine and heat through.
- Meanwhile brown the scallops in an olive-oil-sprayed skillet.
- Remove the vegetables from heat to a serving dish and top with the scallops.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with walnuts.