A traditional recipe enters the Zone with the same great flavors in the beef, mushrooms, and sauce.
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 cups Mushrooms - sliced
- 1 cup Green beans
- 3/4 cup Onion - finely diced
- 1 clove Garlic - minced
- 2 oz Lean beef eye of round - one-eighth-inch-thick slices
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Kitchen Basics unsalted beef stock
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Tomato paste
- 1 tbsp Red bell pepper - diced fine
- 1/2 cup Plain low-fat yogurt
- Salt and pepper - (to taste)
Total Fat 10g
- In a nonstick sauté pan use 1/2 teaspoon oil and cook mushrooms, green beans, onions and garlic until tender. Remove from the pan.
- In the same pan heat the remaining 1/2 teaspoon oil and cook beef until it just loses its pink color (use some of the stock if need be).
- Add the mushrooms and green beans and mix back into the pan.
- In a small bowl mix cornstarch and beef stock together.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and tomato paste. Mix together until smooth.
- Add to the beef-and-mushroom pan with the diced red bell peppers. Heat on high until sauce gets bubbly.
- Add the yogurt.
- Garnish with parsley.