Enjoy a touch of Asian with this barbecued shrimp marinated in Dijon mustard, curry paste and Agave nectar that collectively provide a sweet and spicy kick.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 3 tbsps Fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves Garlic - minced
- 1 tbsp Agave nectar
- 2 tsps Curry paste
- 1 lb Medium shrimp - (about 48) peeled and deveined
- In a shallow dish or resealable bag, mix together the lemon juice, soy sauce, mustard, garlic, agave nectar and curry paste.
- Add shrimp and seal or cover.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat a grill for high heat. When the grill is hot, lightly oil the grate.
- Thread the shrimp onto skewers or place in a grill basket for easy handling.
- Transfer the marinade to a saucepan and boil for a few minutes.
- Grill shrimp for 3 minutes per side or until opaque.
- Baste occasionally with the marinade.
- 1 serving=7g P (appetizer/snack) for 12, or 21g P for 4 (meal)