Chicken and broccoli salad that’s like a healthier verison of Cole slaw and has turkey bacon too!
- 4 oz Boneless skinless chicken breast - (or 3 oz leftover)
- 4 slices Louis Rich turkey bacon
- 5 cups Broccoli - floret and stems chopped small
- 3 oz Water chestnuts canned - sliced and chopped
- 1/3 cup Carrots - shredded
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds - toasted if you want
- 1/2 cup 0%-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 tsps Light mayonnaise, Hellman's
- 1 tbsp Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Peaches canned in water, drained
Total Fat 12g
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Wash and pat chicken dry.
- Put in a small baking dish and season with your favorite herbs. Bake for 30-35 minutes (until juices run clear).
- Meanwhile cook bacon in microwave oven and set aside to drain and cool.
- In a good-sized bowl mix broccoli, water chestnuts, carrots, and sesame seeds.
- In a separate bowl mix yogurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add to vegetable mixture with cooled chicken and peaches.
- Toss to coat. Top with crushed bacon.