A nice easy lunch to serve when you have friends visiting.
- 2 tbsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil - divided
- 1 1/2 cups Onion - minced
- 2 lbs Asparagus - tough ends snapped off, spears cut diagonally into 1-inch lengths
- 1 Egg - lightly beaten
- 2 cups Egg Beaters-whites
- Salt and pepper - (to taste)
- 4 oz Low-fat Swiss cheese - grated or torn into pieces
- 1 cup Mandarin orange sections - in water
- 2 cups Blueberries
Total Fat 10g
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a 10-inch oven-proof frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and cook until they soften, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered for 3 minutes.
- Beat egg with Egg Beaters, 1/2 tablespoon oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour in pan and cook until almost set but still runny on top, about 2 minutes.
- While cooking, preheat oven broiler.
- Sprinkle cheese over eggs and broil until cheese is melted and browned, about 4-6 minutes.
- While frittata is cooling, evenly divide fruit into 4 bowls.
- Remove frittata from oven and slide onto a serving plate.
- Cut into wedges.