Thick asparagus is easier to roast for this satisfying vegetable salad.
Categories: Snacks / Sides
- 3 slices Red onion
- 3 tbsps Fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 1/4 pounds Asparagus
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- 2 tsps Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pint Cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 (15-oz) can Artichoke hearts canned - quartered, rinsed
Total Fat 3g
- In a large bowl soak the sliced onions in lemon juice. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Coat the asparagus spears with olive oil cooking spray and salt them well.
- Place in a single layer in a foil-lined roasting pan and cook for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned and fork tender.
- Remove the asparagus from the oven and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Add the asparagus and all the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the onions and lemon juice. Mix to combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- Thick asparagus is easier to roast.
- Each serving has 3 grams of fat and 10 grams of carbohydrates. No protein.