Sherlock Zone, our longtime food detective, was drawn to Seasons 52 because the restaurant promises a fresh dining experience that celebrates living well.’ In many cases, that’s true, Sherlock found, but only if diners pass on the flatbread, potatoes, quinoa and the like.
For a salad Sherlock chose Maui Tuna Crunch with sushi-grade seared tuna, organic greens, pineapple, toasted almonds, and sesame dressing.
Others that passed the Zone test were:
- Kalymnos Greek feta cheese, cucumbers, tomatoes, sliced red onions, kalamata olives
- Organic Field Greens, spiced seeds, tomatoes, cucumbers, white balsamic vinaigrette
Entrees had to be modified to take unfavorable carbs out and more favorable carbs in.
Just replace the potatoes with extra vegetables.
- Oak-Grilled Beef, Chicken Breast or Market Fish may be made to order using salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, with roasted potatoes, roasted asparagus, and baby carrots.
- Grilled Boneless Rainbow Trout, roasted potatoes, baby carrots, grilled lemon
- Cedar Plank Atlantic Salmon, roasted Red Bliss potatoes and roasted vegetables
- Wood-Roasted Pork Tenderloin, soft corn polenta, broccoli, cremini mushrooms. Take out polenta.
- Mesquite-Grilled Garlic Shrimp with Spanish saffron-chorizo risotto, broccolini, fresh tomato broth. No risotto.
Sides included roasted Baby Carrots, Cremini Mushrooms Fuji Apple Slaw and steamed Leaf Spinach.
So you may indeed live well at Seasons 52, but only if you follow Sherlock Zone’s advice.
Do you have a restaurant that you would like Sherlock Zone to review. First, go to restaurant reviews under resources on zonediet.com. If you don’t find what you are looking for, email Sherlock at , and he will get right on the case.