Zucchini is available year round making this one dish that can become a family staple. Add a little variety in the summer months and by using yellow squash.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 cup Zucchini - cut into matchsticks
- Cooking spray
- 8 Cherry tomatoes - halved
- 1 tbsp Dry white wine
- 1 1/2 tbsps Pesto store bought
- 1/4 tsp Red pepper flakes
- Prepare fusilli according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile trim and discard ends of zucchini.
- Cut zucchini into 3- to 4-inch lengths; cut each length 1/2-inch-thick pieces and set aside.
- Spray a large frying pan over medium heat with olive oil Pam cooking spray, cook zucchini, stirring frequently, about 3 minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes and wine.
- Cook until zucchini is soft and browned, 2 to 3 additional minutes.
- Add cooked fusilli, pesto and pepper flakes.
- Toss till combined.
- Serve immediately.