A Zone Pasta take on a classic pesto recipe, the fusilli makes it delicious. The blender works just fine with these ingredients and makes clean-up easier.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- 1/4 cup Roasted red pepper
- 1/4 cup Basil leaves - packed
- 1 clove Garlic - peeled and cut in half
- 1 1/2 tbsps Water - more if needed
- 1/2 tbsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Side Salad:
- 2 Tomatoes - cut into 6 slices
- 1/2 oz Polly-o fat free mozzarella
- 6 leaves Basil
- to taste Salt and pepper
- Cook Zone fusilli as directed. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach, basil, garlic, water and olive oil into a food processor or blender.
- Blend until smooth and toss with pasta.
- Serve immediately with cheese and basil on top of tomato slices.