Tastes like a cheesy Margherrita pizza with a little kick of heat.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears' Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 tsp Salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 (16 oz) Can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 tbsp Parmesan (grated)
- 1 tbsp Basil leaves (sliced)
- 3 tbsps Low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
Total Fat 12
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Fusilli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile stir together the ingredients for Smoky Ricotta, set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil on medium-high. Add onion and salt; cook 8 minutes, stirring. Add diced tomatoes and fusilli. Cook 3 minutes.
- Combine Ricotta, crushed red pepper and paprika to make Smoky Ricotta
- Stir in Smoky Ricotta until warm.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil leaves.