This meal packs a nutritious punch with the “super food” kale and the protein-packed Zone Orzo.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 cup Vegetable broth
- 2 cup Kale - chopped small
- 1 oz Perdue Short Cuts (or leftover chicken breast) (scant 1/4cup)
- 1 clove Garlic - crushed
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- to taste Red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring broth to a boil.
- Add Zone orzo and kale.
- Stir until broth is almost all absorbed, about 14 minutes.
- Cover and let rest for 4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic, turmeric, red pepper flakes and extra virgin olive oil.