There is a lot of great flavor in this tasty and filling dish. The Scallops are best fresh and are often available at high quality fish markets.
- 1/4 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 1/2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- to taste Salt & pepper
- 2 oz Dry sea scallops - chopped into several pieces
- 2 Tbsp White wine
- 2 Tbsp Clam juice
- 1/2 tsp Cornstarch
- 1 clove Garlic
- 2 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Capers - rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley - or 1/2 tsp dried
- 1 cup Green beans - on the side
Total Fat 10g
- Prepare orzo as directed. Set aside.
- Steam the green beans as a side dish.
- Meanwhile sprinkle scallops on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tsp of the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and add the scallops.
- Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 6 minutes total(size dependent).
- Whisk wine, clam juice and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth.
- Cook garlic in the pan over medium-high heat using 1/2 tsp olive oil, stirring often, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the wine mixture; bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice, capers and cook, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Return the scallops to the pan, add the orzo and cook, stirring gently, until heated through and coated with the sauce, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and serve immediately.