Zone PastaRX Orzo has remarkable flavor that will make it hard to distinguish from traditional rice pilaf, but this recipe will help you lose fat.
- heaping 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp Dried thyme
- to taste Salt & pepper
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat; add onion. Cook, stirring frequently, until tender, adding a tablespoon of broth.
- Meanwhile, bring 1 cup of broth to a boil.
- Add Zone orzo and stir until broth is almost all absorbed, about 10 minutes.
- Add sautéed onion, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Lower heat and continue to cook until broth is absorbed.
- Fluff “rice” gently with fork before serving.